Sunday Service Reopening
Although we are now able to meet, our gatherings will look and feel a little different than before the health crisis.
All mass gatherings within Platte County have been asked to abide by certain safety requirements. Please read the following requirements as you consider whether you should venture out to worship in-person.
According to the
COVID-19 Response, Reopening, and Recovery Plan And Mask Mandate for Platte County
1. All seniors and health compromised people are encouraged to stay at home and continue to join the service online.
2. According to the size of our building, we are limited to no more than 50 people.
* Overflow seating will be available for viewing the service on a monitor in the new fellowship hall.
3. Maintain at least 6 feet of physical distance between each other.
* Segments of each pew will be marked with blue tape.
* The blue tape indicates where you can sit.
* Segments without tape are “No Seating Zones”
4. No Handshakes or Hugs.
5. Bathrooms are available.
* Wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds and supplement with sanitizer after bathroom use.
6. Cover coughs and sneezes (into the sleeve or elbow, not hands)
7. Face coverings are required (See Above).
* Since the virus is spread by droplets of saliva, it is strongly suggested that face covering be used while singing.
8. We are required to clean and sanitize all high-touch surfaces.
* Since the virus is spread by contact with and handling of person to person objects, we will not be using songbooks of passing out bulletins
* There will be an offering container provided for each person to leave their offerings.
* Unfortunately, we will not be conducting the Communion Service.
Each one of us are excited to visit with one another. However, since our exit areas are so small, rather than standing in the walways or doorways, please take your conversations outside.
These requirements and guidelines are scheduled to remain in effect until July 1 unless extended or amended by order of the Platte County Health Department.
I realize that not everybody will feel free to join large groups yet. There are many reasons why this time may not be right for you. Seek the Lord for His direction in this matter. If you join us we will be so glad to worship, study God’s word and pray with you in person, otherwise, know that we are with you in spirit and look forward to the time we can all be together safely.
Grace and Peace,